Tuesday 6 November 2007

Eucharistic Quiz

Another of these quizzes, this time on the eucharist theology, which despite its limitations I tried to answer the given questions as accurately as possible from my point of view. There is probably not enough on transignification or consubstantiation, and some questions make assumptions.



Eucharistic theology
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Zwingli

You are Ulrich Zwingli. You believe that bread and wine are symbols of the absent Jesus. You believe in interpreting Scripture reasonably.

Zwingli



81%

Calvin



50%

Unitarian



44%

Orthodox



38%

Luther



31%

Catholic



25%

The answer is disappointing, in that I do not see myself as being in agreement with the Zwingli position. I'm almost horrified to think I have any agreement with Calvin! Rather I think that when you say there is real presence, it is gone, and when you say there is real absence, it is present. This is a postmodern view, and I call it simulacration, but it may also be one apophatic view applied to this ritual - that is, to negate both positions when presented with them.

Being disappointed I had another go, trying to forget what I had put the first time. It is not easy, but I focused on what I really thought. The result was even worse:

Zwingli 81%
Calvin 63%
Unitarian 63%
Orthodox 31%
Luther 31%
Catholic 13%


No comments: