Monday 31 December 2007

Happy New Year All

I have taken this from a mention on a website chat area. Florence says it is of a hymn from a book called Let Us Sing number 11, and it was sung recently in Glasgow Unitarian Church. It seems to be a one verse hymn, and called Spirit of Life. It is also in Singing the Living Tradition:

Spirit of Life, come unto me,
Sing in my heart all the stirrings of compassion.
Blow in the wind, rise in the sea,
Move in the hand giving life the shape of justice.
Roots hold me close, wings set me free,
Spirit of life, come to me, come to me.

Carolyn McDade

So I wish all a better New Year and good wishes. We never know what the next year brings. We can guess based on past events, but there are always surprises. Life's story keeps being written.

No comments: