Tuesday 16 March 2010

April Now

All I want to say, to avoid repetition, is that you cannot go far wrong with this blog by April DeConick and particularly this entry. I think she does a great service, by bringing complex biblical issues to the fore with simple explanation from a non-apologetic stance. My view was and remains that Jesus and the earliest 'Church' was eschatological and so motivated and I still stay resistant to the Jesus Seminar even though Don Cupitt recently went rather hook, line and sinker for agreement with it and the sayings as earliest material. There are lots of areas where I agree with Don, but the early wisdom view in the sayings alone is not one of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

V interesting. Thank you

Anonymous said...

V interesting. Thank you

lauence

LR