Sunday 5 December 2010

Privacy?

Gosh. I now at last have curtain rails and curtains across all glass on one side of the house, today at last installing curtains across the front door and its side window. On the other side, with a high brick wall and then a fence behind I have nothing but net curtains, double at the bedroom. Theoretically then, I can walk around the house naked during daylight if I want. Now there's something to pollute your mind. The image of it - but remember someone called me a young man again today. I'm waiting for the last person to say that. Perhaps she was that last person. Until today, the bathroom door opened directly in front of the front door and so it was always a case of peek-a-boo and is the chap with the glass extension out and about and looking across. Otherwise it faces their gardens. In New Holland there was a large green at the front and fields at the back, and lots of hiding places if anyone came to the front or back doors. There are hiding places here, but you have to keep very still.

(This blog entry comes under the category "Too much information"! Incidentally I notice that Wikio or whatever it is, that rates me around 60 or so in the religious blog world, has chosen lots of topic categories but I have never bothered with them.)

5 comments:

Ann said...

Curtail rods? maybe they will curtail TMI??

Erika Baker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erika Baker said...

I have this awful habit of calling everyone "young man" or "young lady"... latest offence with my 79 year old mother-in-law only this afternoon....

Ann said...

Yes -- terrible - my dentist does that and I want to use the drill on him. He is half my age

Pluralist (Adrian Worsfold) said...

Thank you Ann. Curtail is now curtain.