Thursday 5 May 2011

Music via Dropbox


This is nothing but a temporary set of links. Now that I have got Dropbox runing, I can 'drop in' hymns that I have edited (and additionally resaved as MP3s). I could drop in the .WAV files I use and transfer to CD, but these would soon use up my 2 gb limit and would not be a friendly download at your end.

Because Dropbox allows subfolders, I am far more likely to end up evolving my website, which is why my Dropbox was uninstalled and put to All Users and Shared Uploads rather than as part of My Documents.

The links on titles go to the music, temporarily. These are the hymns for Sunday, in order. I maintain that these words are more along the lines the liberal religious want to sing.

This week's service taker has chosen choir pieces that were laid down on tape. Very hissy and with a clunking switch at the end during the choir's echo, they all needed heavy editing and noise removal. After this came a background noisy-mono CD, then a good stereo CD, and then the new book Sing Your Faith had four CDs made of it. I have obtained more music on my list.

HL 172 All Are Welcome Here
HL 172 Westminster choir tape [C.M.]
Now open wide your hearts, my friends,
And I will open mine,
And let us share all that is fair,
All that is true and fine.

We gather in this meeting house-

People of many kinds:
Let us, below the surface, seek
A meeting of true minds.

For in our company shall be
Great witnesses of light:
The Buddha, Krishna, Jesus -
those
Gifted with clearest sight.

Like them, we seek to know ourselves,
To seek, in spite of fear;
To open wide, to all, our hearts-
For all are welcome here.
Peter Galbraith


HL 198 The Healing of the Nations
HL 198 Cwm Rhondda choir tape [87.87.87]
For the healing of the nations,
God, we pray with one accord;
For a just and equal sharing
Of the things that earth affords.
To a life of love in action
Help us rise and pledge our word,
Help us rise and pledge our word.

Lead us ever into freedom,
From despair your world release;
That, redeemed from war and hatred,
All may come and go in peace.
Show us how through care and goodness
Fear will die and hope increase,
Fear will die and hope increase.

All that kills abundant living,
Let it from the earth depart;
Pride of status, race or schooling,
Dogmas keeping us apart.
May our common quest for justice
Be our brief life's hallowed art,
Be our brief life's hallowed art.
Fred Kaan, 1929-


HL 187 Human Kindness
HL 187 Lux Eoi piano [87.87.D]
We believe in human kindness
Large amid the human race,
Turning from indifferent blindness
To compassion's healing grace.
We believe in self-denial
In the cause of greater joy;
In the love that lives through trial,
Dying not, though death destroy.

We believe in love renewing
All that sin has swept away,
Leaven-like its work pursuing
Night by night and day by day.
In its patience, its endurance,
To forbear and to retrieve,
In the large and full assurance
Of its triumph-we believe. -
Anonymous


HL 168 The Moment to Decide
HL 168 Ebenezer [87.87.D]
Once to every man and nation
Comes the moment to decide,
In the strife of Truth with Falsehood,
For the good or evil side;
Some great cause, God's new Messiah,
Offers each the bloom or blight,
And the choice goes by for ever
'Twixt that darkness and that light.

Then to side with Truth is noble,
When we share her wretched crust,
Ere her cause bring fame and profit,
And 'tis prosperous to be just;
Then it is the brave soul chooses,
While the coward stands aside,
Till the multitude make virtue
Of the faith they had denied.

Though the cause of evil prosper,
Yet 'tis Truth alone is strong;
Though her portion be the scaffold,
And upon the throne be Wrong;
Yet that scaffold sways the future,
And behind the dim unknown,
Standing there within the shadow,
Keeping watch, is God alone.
from James Russell Lowell


HL 314 Closing Verse (Vesper)
HL 134 Tallis Canon [L.M.]
Let peace encircle all the world,
Let all on earth join hand in hand,
A living bond of fellowship,
A voice of love in every land.
Anonymous


The links go to the music temporarily. The orange is how I list them, by these tunes.

But a note of caution. I have had a fright. My C drive disappeared (my main drive is D) including from My Computer and reappeared after uninstalling Dropbox after the first time it had been moved, and C reappeared but has stayed after the subsequent reinstallation. I nearly lost all my carols and old hymn tunes plays. Should I lose C drive again, the Dropbox may have to be sacrificed.

No comments: